Meeting Miss Likey

November 3, 2013

bunny shoes rabbit shoe feet irregular choice asos nina miss likey blog tapeparadecoffee italian deli miss likey nina blace cigarette fashion coffee italian deli miss likey nina blace There’s quite a few people I “know” through the internet as in, we chat on twitter or we regularly comment each others blogs. But really there is something inherently wrong with that sentence and I honestly don’t believe you can really “know” somebody through the internet. Facebook photos are untagged, tweets and comments are composed, posts are constructed. I personally don’t feel you can ever really “know” somebody through the internet. How lovely then that I was able to meet up with Nina Blace, aka Miss Likey last week in the real world! Nina recently moved to London and we arranged to meet up and trawl the Orla Kiely sample sale (no pictures allowed unfortunately, but it was beautiful).

It wasn’t until I was literally outside the train station I realised I had no idea what she looked like, with only a vague idea of a blonde girl in a sailor dress. Nina’s blog is full of wistful posts that perfectly match her stunning, light-filled images, and she has impeccable taste featuring a range of gorgeous designers and artists. In person Nina is charming, with a raucous gravelly laugh (she laughs a lot) and a very british sense of irony and sarcasm (for example, telling me she always wanted to be Margot Tenenbaum and then cracking up over her plastered little finger). I’ve not met any bloggers in real life and it was brilliant to laugh over our entirely unplanned, yet pretentious “whimsical bunny shoes” (we’re both in our twenties), shout “hashtag bloggers” every time one of us did anything and mock each other for our constant photo-taking (Nina: “Are you seriously taking a photo of the empty chairs?!” Yes, yes I did). Thank you Nina for a wonderful afternoon.coffee italian deli miss likey nina blace coffee italian deli miss likey nina blace margot tenebaum coffee italian deli miss likey iPad bloggers blog nina blacebunny shoes rabbit shoe feet irregular choice asos nina miss likey blog tapeparade

14 comments so far.

14 responses to “Meeting Miss Likey”

1. Daniella says:

great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

2. Kati says:

Hello, your shoes!! Both pairs are so sweet and she seems like such a cool gal!

Have a great day,
    -Kati

P.S.: Thanks for commenting on my last post!

3. Awww making blogger friends is the best! Gemma from Fat Frocks is one of my bezzies now, so glad you get the opportunity to meet like minded people through the interwebz. <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

4. winnie says:

The bunny shoes are so adorable.

5. You look like you enjoyed yourselves! Sweet!

Edita

6. Tasnim says:

love the shoes <3 and it sounds really like a lovely meet up!

7. Priya Pappu says:

I love this- the few real blogger encounters I’ve had in real life have made me kinda nervous! So many awesome people on the internets I wish I could meet in real life, you included! Sounds like you two had a blast and managed to poke some fun at blogging while simultaneously preparing for it (love the #hashtagbloggers, ha!)

perfectly priya

8. Bel says:

This is adorable, what a fashionable pairing you make! Glad you had fun! Jealous about the Orla Kiely sale, I absolutely adore that shop! xx

9. christina says:

this just made me smile, so sweet. I want to be part of the bunny shoe club. hope you guys had fun x

10. Harlynn says: