Merry Christmas!

December 25, 2014

christmas decorations christmas tree presets wrapping decoration minimal colourchristmas decorations christmas tree presets wrapping decoration minimal colourchristmas decorations christmas tree presets wrapping decoration minimal colourchristmas decorations christmas tree presets wrapping decoration minimal colourchristmas decorations christmas tree presets wrapping decoration minimal colourchristmas decorations christmas tree presets wrapping decoration minimal colourchristmas decorations christmas tree presets wrapping decoration minimal colourchristmas decorations christmas tree presets wrapping decoration minimal colour

Merry Christmas! I hope you’re all having a marvellous day!

I wrapped up work this morning and spent the rest of the day with James sorting presents. I’ll be in Brighton and Isle Of Wight over the next week, but right now I’m at my parents house. The smell of spiced orange bread and iced sugar cookies coupled with the twinkly decorations everywhere certainly put me in the festive mood!

Their house is a weird mish-mash of objects and furnishings; certainly not pinterest-worthy but it’s good to have some mess sometimes! It made me smile when I got back to my parents and saw the familiar weird decorations on the tree; the tasselled cylinders are actually wine bottle corks pasted with festive ribbon and yarn. My mum made them with her friends the first year she was in the UK and couldn’t afford decorations of her own. My housemates and I decorated our house with foil, printed stars, homemade wreaths and upcycled bottle tops this year  – matching baubles isn’t a luxury any of us could quite afford either. 🙂

Sending all my warmest blogging wishes to all of you, have a wonderful christmas day. X

10 comments so far.

10 responses to “Merry Christmas!”

1. Caitlin says:

Merriest of Christmases, Laila! It sounds like you had a joyous, cozy one at that:)

2. Denise says:

I loved the cork decoration! So creative and inspiring! Ready made decor is beautiful, but I tend to like the hand made ones more! I love cookies 🙂 Uh, sorry, people always correcting me – don’t be that American, it’s biscuits here 🙂 Well, I love them! Hope you are having a great time today and always!
    DenisesPlanet.com

3. Heather says:

Well this looks so darling!
    Merry Merry to you!

Heather

4. jessthetics says:

Such festive photos! I love your mums homemade bauble, it’s nice to have decorations on the tree that have meaning in some way – ours is covered with decorations that my mum and I have collected when travelling and also things that my brother and I made when we were little that are now falling apart. Your presents are very beautifully wrapped 🙂 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

5. Kim says:

Yay! love your happy Christmas photos 🙂 looks like a fun time, hope you had a fun Christmas 🙂

6. Priya says:

Your photography & writing is nothing short of inspiring. These Christmas shots are perfect, it’s funny that you describe it as a “mish-mash” because it all looks so lovely. But I totally get what you mean- nearly all my family’s Christmas decor is homemade or handed down (sometimes both!!) I’ve grown to love the ornaments all my siblings made in grade school, and the Finnish flags that always wrap around our tree. Hope your Christmas was truly lovely.

♥ perfectly Priya