Good morning everyone! Today is the day that Netflix release the eagerly awaited return of Gilmore Girls. If you have no idea what I’m talking about then this is not the post for you. If however, you’ve been eagerly awaiting A Year In The Life then please read on to the Gilmore Girls Tag! The tag came from Sweet Is Always In Style, and you can find their original post here.
So, without further ado..
1. Team Dean, Team Jess or Team Logan?
I’m really torn on this one! I loved Jess so much and I thought he was a great character. I felt so deflated when he first left the show! But… I actually think Logan fits better with Rory. I think they have more in common and make a better pairing as people. I’m interested to see how the characters will have grown up and fit together now.
2) You stop by Luke’s Diner, your go to menu item is: blueberry muffin, pastry, french toast, burger and fries or pancakes with strawberries?
Pancakes I think! I’m obviously vegan but I think if I explained that to Luke he’d be willing to adapt the recipe. Luke’s seems a pretty friendly establishment!
3. Harvard or Yale?
Harvard! I love that Rory followed her heart and went to Yale, but my cousin went to Harvard and I think I’d like to copy him. Also, I’m such an Obama fangirl and that’s where both Barack and Michelle studied.
4. It’s time for the Star’s Hollow ‘Bid on a Basket’ festival. What are you putting in your basket?
Oh my goodness! I guess the point is I’m making it for Ryan to bid on right? I’d make artichoke, walnut and cashew cheese sandwiches on corn bread, vegan caesar salad, melting peanut-butter and chocolate cookies and fresh lemonade. This question has made me hungry!
5. What’s your favourite Gilmore Girls treat food? Pop tarts, pizza, Chinese, twinkies?
Chinese! I get a takeaway a couple times a month and it always makes me think of Lorelai and Rory. Is that sad?
6. Friday night dinners or Stars Hollow Town meeting? Friday night dinners! I may be in the minority here but I love Emily Gilmore. As a family member she would drive me up the WALL but as a character I think she’s brilliant. Kelly Bishop made me laugh out loud in the trailer for AYITL and I can’t wait to catch up with the character.
7. Christopher, Max, Jason or Luke?
Luke! Max was boring, Jason annoyed me and Christopher I like a lot, but not with Lorelai. They always seem more like siblings. Luke and Lorelai are perfect together!
8) Rory’s ideal night alone is doing laundry in her pajamas, while eating Indian food. What would your ideal night alone be?
This is a hard one to answer! I spend most of my nights in doing laundry and boring house tasks that never quite get done otherwise. I’d like to spend more of them practising, watching films or recording songs. Just chilling out really! Though I think Rory has the right idea getting a takeaway in – home delivered food is my weakness.
9.Who would you rather hang out with, Paris, Lane or Marty?
Lane, definitely. I also have a soft spot for Zak so if I could hang out with the whole family that’d be great. Paris is such a strong character I fear she’d be intimidating!
10. Finally, with ‘A Year in the Life’ just around the corner, what season would you love to visit Stars Hollow in?
Autumn! It always seems to be autumn in the town. Whether it’s the sepia trailer or the pictures of the orange trees, but I feel like autumn would be prime Stars Hollow season.